Einar Wanhainen’s practice initially covered dispute resolution, insolvency as well as M&A and other areas of law including IPR. His practise has gradually narrowed down and the focus has the last 15 years been on dispute resolution, litigation and arbitration. The disputes practice covers a broad range of commercial disputes from construction disputes, disputes regarding IT systems and IPR to disputes relating to acquisitions. He frequently sits as arbitrator in domestic and international arbitrations under various rules. He is also appointed as Special Examiner.
Einar Wanhainen has been ranked as one of the leading dispute resolution practitioners in Sweden by Chambers (since 2004), Best Lawyers and WWL. In Chambers Europe and Global he has been described as a ”very impressive lawyer and arbitrator and a skilled litigator” , “specialist in many fields thanks to his experience” and "technically and legally very skilled and digs deep into a case”.
He is regularly engaged as lecturer at the law faculty of Uppsala University.
• Calissendorff Swarting Advokatbyrå, Partner (2018-)
• DLA Piper Sweden, Partner (2016-2018)
• Grönberg Advokatbyrå, Partner (1985-2016); during 2001-2004 Grönberg was part of Coudert Brothers
• Grönberg Advokatbyrå, Associate (1982-1985)
• Junior judgeships (1978-1982); district court and Svea Court of Appeal
• The Swedish Bar Association, 2010-
• Swedish Arbitration Association (SAA)
• Swedish Society for Construction and Consulting Law (SVEFEK)
• Uppsala University (LL.M.), 1977
• Enforcement of Money Judgments (Jure)
• Attachment of Assets (Jure)
• Experts as arbitrators (Sakkunniga skiljemän Vänbok till Bertil Södermark, 2009)