📞 +46 (0) 70 644 12 13
Commercial, M&A and corporate, Life Sciences, Financial Crises and Recovery
Odd Swarting works as an adviser to clients in the health care and pharmaceutical, forestry and other industry and sectors. In addition to commercial contracts, his practice largely involves research and development projects, regulatory matters and various issues pertaining to public sector. Odd also has substantial experience counselling clients during financial crises, and administering liquidations and restructurings. Odd has 25 years' experience providing qualified legal advice in these areas and has been ranked for many years as a leading Swedish Lawyer by many institutes.
Odd Swarting has "extensive experience and a good market reputation"
- Legal 500 2015
Sources say he "excels in large cases thanks to his vast experience"
- Chambers 2013
• Calissendorff Swarting, partner (2015-)
• Setterwalls Advokatbyrå, partner(2003-2015)
• Advokatfirman Lindahl, partner (1988-2002)
• Åbjörnsson & Wallander Advokatbyrå, associate (1985-1988)
• District Court of Handen, junior judgeship (1983-1985)
• Chairman and Deputy Chairman of UNICEF Sweden (2007-)
• Chairman of REKON (The Restructuring and Bankruptcy Trustees’ Organization in Sweden) (2003-)
• The Swedish Sports Confederation’s Legal Committee (1997-) and Vice chair Swedish Football Association License Committee (2006-)
• Chairman SALK (2015-) and AIK Ice hockey Club(2012-2014)
• Different officers positions at the International Bar Association (2000-)
• Expert in the Official Report of the Swedish Government on united insolvency laws (2009-2010), on purchases of movables and on registered pledges (2014-2015) and on entrepreneurs (2015-)
• Board member of G Förvaltning AB (administering the funds of Göran Gustafsson Foundations) (2005-) and of other private companies in different areas.
University of Stockholm, Master of Law (LL.M.), and financial studies
• "Debt Restructuring” European Lawyer Reference 2015
• "Coveted action plan for the Life Science Industry" Life Sciences Report November 2014
• "Life Sciences", Getting the Deal trough, Swedish chapter
• "Restructuring and Insolvency", Getting the Deal trough, Swedish chapter
• "How to maintain the value of a licence agreement on the insolvency of the other party" Life Sciences Report November 2013
• "Stem cell research from a legal perspective" Life Scineces Report November 2012
• "Signing a deal with a CRO"- Nordic Life Science Review 2012
• "Global Reference Guide Biotech & Pharmaceuticals", Swedish Chapter, 2010
• “Life sciences in Sweden – An overview of trends and developments“, Global Reference Guide Biotech & Pharmaceuticals, Financier Worldwide, 2010
• Lecture regarding commercial contracts and regulatory matters in the life sciences area for different organizations.
• Lecture regarding different legal aspects in financial crises and restructuring for different organizations.
• Lecture regarding incorporation of sport clubs, held at course regarding non-profit associations and trusts, Stockholm Chamber of Commerce.
• Speaker at different seminars held by the International Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Swedish Bar Association.